The first of four regional gatherings sponsored by North Woods and Waters of the St. Croix Heritage Area (NWW) was held at the Phipps Center in Hudson. More than 45 people attended on April 13, 2019.
Attendees learned about and offered feedback and ideas to promote and celebrate the St. Croix Watershed.
“People liked the format, the rich and varied ideas that were discussed, and the opportunity to talk with others who are passionate about the St. Croix region,” said board chair Marty Harding.
Those who attended:
- Shared what they are doing to promote our natural, artistic, cultural, historical and recreational resources. Brochures, posters, or other information were shared.
- Connected with others in their region and found out what they have planned for this year and how they can support each other.
- Gave input on the direction North Woods and Waters should take to best serve the region.
- Received an update on North Woods and Waters and find out how they and their organization can benefit from NWW’s programs and services.
Three other sessions will be held in the St. Croix watershed. Anyone who cares about the St. Croix watershed is encouraged to attend to share, connect, give input and learn about NWW.
Please encourage businesses, residents, boaters, paddlers and anyone who’s interested in supporting the St. Croix river and its entire watershed to attend these upcoming meetings:
- April 27, 9:30-11:30 Audubon Center of the Northwoods, Sandstone, MN
- May 4, 10:00-12:00 St. Croix River Visitor Center, St. Croix Falls, WI
- May 11, 12:00-4:00 Gordon Town Hall, Gordon WI
These events are free and open to the public but registration is requested. To register visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/imagine-the-possibilities-tickets-59494567854. Refreshments will be served.
Additionally, North Woods and Waters is hosting an Earth Day celebration and planning for next year’s 50th anniversary of the first Earth Day this weekend:
- April 26 – Envision Earth Day 3:00-5:00 Marine Village Hall, Marine-on-St. Croix
- April 26 – Celebrate Earth Day with Dan Chouinard beginning at 7:00 – doors open at 6:30. Be there early!