Via ArtReach St. Croix:
In honor of the first 50 years of the Wild & Scenic Rivers Act and the designation of the St. Croix as one of America’s first Wild & Scenic Rivers, ArtReach St. Croix is seeking artists to design commemorative posters. Our partner Special Products is experienced in working with each artist’s abilities or limitations. Up to 10 designs will be selected for limited-edition production as 2-color screen prints.
Inspired by our t-shirt project “Wild & Scenic Since 1968” ArtReach St. Croix will exhibit the Commemorative Posters in the Mobile Art Gallery during the fall art fairs.
Be inspired and inspire action. The next 50 years of river protection starts now. Learn more about the Wild & Scenic Rivers Act and the St. Croix River’s designation through the St. Croix River Association at www.stcroixriverassociation.org.
All artists are encouraged to submit. Special Products is experienced in working within each artist’s abilities and limitations. They can help make a great design into a great design for a screen-printed poster!
Submission Deadline: August 15
To submit your artwork for consideration, please email your artwork (see right), along with your name, phone number, address and a brief description of your design (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hand rendered art should be dropped off or mailed to ArtReach St. Croix, 224 N. 4th Street, Stillwater, MN 55082.
Selected artists will receive $50 for the use of their design. Questions? Please call ArtReach at 651-439-1465
Art for Screen Printing – Design Guidelines
- Hand Rendering or Digital Files will be accepted. For digital, files should be saved as PSD, .AI, .EPS, .PDF, or .TIFF
- Resolution: 300DPI, 100% true to size (finished size 11 x 17in)
- Colors: Each color must be able to be separated into its own layer
- Small details: Objects, outlines, strokes, and text must be at least 2 point thickness. Extra fine lines and small details may not print.
- Gradients/Shading: Please note gradients and shading will be converted into halftone dots.
- Text: outlined, no live fonts
Ink and Paper:
- Ink: Up to 2 colors. Color match as close as possible. Remember colors may look different based on the paper color.
- Paper: 1 color paper stock. Choose from French Paper Co.’s Construction Paper line https://www.frenchpaper.com/all- products?cat=4&fp_collections=173
- Need help or have questions about artwork: Contact Special Products to discuss your ideas or for help preparing your artwork for screen print! 651-342-8242 email@example.com