Via the St. Croix River Association:
Protecting Your Assets: The Multiple Values of a Healthy St. Croix Watershed
The St. Croix and its tributary lakes and streams are community assets with economic, social and environmental benefits. Share and learn from other local leaders in urban, developing, rural, and agricultural communities within the lower St. Croix Basin who are using a variety of approaches to protect and improve their water resources.
This workshop will focus on protecting the multiple values of a healthy St. Croix River watershed. Hear from rural, agricultural, developing and fully developed communities and learn about actions you can take in your community to protect water resources while continuing to support other community values. There will be an opportunity to work in small teams to identify key take-away messages you can share with colleagues and constituents, as well as dedicated time for networking at the end of the workshop.
- Date: Tuesday July 29th
- Time: 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- Cost: $20.00 per person includes light dinner
- Where: Afton*Hudson Cruise Lines Grand Duchess, 500 1st St., Hudson, WI 54016
- Registration Deadline: July 25, 2014
- Register online »
Growing toward a Bright Future
- Planning a “bridge” to a changing landscape
- Minimum Impact Development approaches, ordinances and strategies to protect water resources
- Navigating the challenges of development and redevelopment
Preserving Rural Character
- Agricultural practices and programs for better water quality
- Inventorying, monitoring, and updating septic systems
- Prioritizing water protection and restoration projects in rural areas
Talk the Talk – Lead the Walk
- Work in small groups to develop persuasive talking points to communicate the values of healthy water resources in your community
Who should attend?
- Local Officials
- Community Leaders
- City Councilors
- Town and Township Supervisors
- County Commissioners
- Planning Commission and Park Board Members
- Zoning Boards
- Watershed Management Organizations
- Agricultural Commodity Leadership Groups
- St. Croix Partnership Team
- St. Croix River Association Board
Register online or download the registration form as a pdf and mail a check: 2014 St. Croix Workshop Flyer & Registration (pdf).