Congratulations to the lucky winners of the “Save the Fish … Then Eat ‘Em!” contest. The campaign helped raise awareness about how people can help prevent unhealthy algae in the St. Croix River and other lakes and streams by planting rain gardens.
This summer, beer coasters with the “Save the Fish” logo were distributed to bars and restaurants up-and-down the river valley. People who signed up for the St. Croix 360 e-mail newsletter were entered to win prizes including fishing gear, a guided fishing trip, and more. Click here to sign up for weekly updates.
Check out the list of winners and prizes below!
- Steve Erickson, Hudson, WI – Bearz Sport fishing gear package
- Colin Campbell, Hudson, WI – Croixsippi Guided Fishing Trip
- Anita Furbur, Hugo, MN – Lift Bridge Brewery tour
- Ron Gullickson, Stillwater, MN – Bending Branches kayak paddle
- Pam McCarty, St. Croix Falls, WI – Bending Branches kayak paddle
- Gary Armstrong, Lakeland, MN – Lift Bridge t-shirt
- Tracy Maki, Stillwater, MN – Lift Bridge Brewery pint glasses
- Paul Hohnstadt, St. Paul, MN – Lift Bridge Brewery hat