St. Croix River Association’s (SCRA) mission is to protect, restore and celebrate the St. Croix River and its watershed. With an approach based on partnerships, SCRA is working to realize a vision for the St. Croix as a place where rivers run free and clean, a diverse habitat sustains our unique and diverse flora and fauna, people have access to our National Park and the park flourishes, towns throughout the basin thrive, and people celebrate the river.
The Development Director will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and implementing the fundraising plan and budget.
- Meeting fundraising goals
- Developing and directing a segmented individual gifts program, including donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Directing the annual fund and the membership program
- Overseeing foundation and corporate relations, including research, grant writing, reporting, and building and maintaining relationships with funders
- Overseeing special events that engage members and raise funds
- Producing timely and persuasive fund raising communications across a variety of media platforms
- Coaching board and staff on how best to maximize their fundraising involvement
- A passion for SCRA’s mission
- A five-year successful track record in development (including experience with individual and major gift donors)
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience with membership
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to initiate, build, and maintain relationships with institutional and individual donors
- Familiarity with donor database technology
- Ability to be a team player as well as a self-starter.
This is a full time position and is based in the picturesque river town, St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a letter of introduction and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to
Employment, Cincinnatus, Colonial Warehouse Suite 478, 212 Third Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55401.