Gary Noren of St. Croix Falls sent over the photos below of the segment of the Be Moved by the St. Croix River trip from Marine on St. Croix to Stillwater, which took place during the sweltering weather yesterday. The paddlers stopped for lunch and a chance to cool off in the air-conditioned Arcola Mills estate.
Gary was also the Grand Marshall in the St. Croix Falls/Taylor’s Falls “Wannigan Days” parade on Saturday!
Click on the photos to see larger versions.
The trip, which started at the river’s headwaters on July 5, will wrap up this Friday with a big celebration in Prescott. The festivities start at 3 p.m. and go until 9:30.
- Mississippi and St. Croix National Park Superintendents ride voyageur canoes down the two rivers to meet at the confluence
- The international Kinship of Rivers Project kicks off
- River Flags are hung – later to be flown over the Yangtze River in China and Tibet
- Chinese tea ceremony and Chinese music
- A We‐No‐Nah canoe is raffled
- Dignitaries speak of the rivers’ value
- St. Croix Suite, a beautiful river tribute in poetry and song is performed
- Barbershop Quartet/Bass and Banjo Duo/Americana music and food booths
- Motor boats form an evening flotilla at 8:30
View the event flyer for the full schedule and more details.