Via the St. Croix River Association, a St. Croix 360 sponsor:
A sharp photographic eye was very apparent in the St. Croix River Association’s 2012 photo contest, with 35 talented adults and youths entering more than 115 photos.
Categories for the annual contest are Wildlife, Landscapes, People and Close-ups, with all photos taken in the St. Croix River watershed. Renowned photographer Gary Alan Nelson acted as judge.
The top awards went to the following:
- 1st Place, Adult – Jeff Bucklew “Great Blue Heron”
- 1st Place, Youth – AJ Wall “Bee on Black Eyed Susan”
- 1st Place, Adult – Jeff Bucklew “Willow River”
- 1st Place, Youth – Amanda Anez “Foggy Morning Trail”
- 1st Place – Brittney Johnson “Jericho”
- 1st Place, Adult – Mary Paul “Automeris io Moth”
- 1st Place, Youth – Hailey Willius “Turks-Cap Lily”
The 2012 photo contest exhibit, featuring all the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners, will visit libraries along the St. Croix River and in the watershed.
First Place, Adult
First Place, Youth
See all the winning photos here.
The St. Croix River Association is now accepting entries for the 2013 photo contest. For complete rules and entry information visit this link.
kate seitz says
Those photos are beautiful! Congratulations to all of the winners!