Via the St. Croix River Association:
Birds, Bikes, and Boats
When: May 5th, 8am – 3pm
Where: St. Croix River, Afton, MN
Register for free
NOTE: Bicycle/boat component sold out, more welcome for birding
Birds, Bikes and Boats is for birding, cycling and kayak enthusiasts who are interested in completing the Triple “B” triathlon in one day. We will spend the morning birding at Afton State Park with our friends from Saint Paul Audubon, followed by a dedication and celebration of the new bike rack and bike repair station in downtown Afton. Then, we will lock up our bikes and drive to Beanie’s at Maui’s Landing in Lakeland and paddle four miles back to Afton. Once we arrive in Afton, we will leave our boats, walk to our bikes and cycle back to Lakeland on the bike path. After we pick up our cars and boats, participants are free to enjoy food and beverages at the following generous businesses who are providing customer discounts that day: Current Restaurant, Lumberyard Pub Afton, Selma’s Ice Cream Parlor, Squire House Gardens, and Velo du Nord.
Bike and Boat to Bayport
When: May 12, 10am – 1pm
Where: Downtown Bayport, MN
Register for free
Spring is here and it’s festival time! Bike or paddle to Lakeside Park in Bayport on Saturday, May 12th and join the St. Croix River Association and the City of Bayport to celebrate spring and the 50th Anniversary of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway.
Schedule of Events
- 10:00am – 1:00pm: Bike demos, food & beverages available from Chillkoot Cafe and Cyclery
- 10:00am – 1:00pm: Stand-up paddleboard demos on the beach with St. Croix SUP
- 10:00am – 1:00pm: Visit the St. Croix River Association (SCRA) table to learn more about the 50th Anniversary of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, paddling and pedaling options within the Riverway, and how to get involved with the SCRA.
- 10:00am – Noon: Visit the Pollinator Friendly Alliance table to learn more about native pollinators
- 10:30am – 11:00am: Meet the Mayor of the City of Bayport and help dedicate the new bike rack
- 11:00am-12:00pm: One-on-one gardening consultations with a Master Gardener or Landscape Designer from the Washington Conservation District
- Learn about an upcoming Bayport raingarden project to improve Perro Creek & the St. Croix River.
- 11:15 a.m. – Get inspired with a 10-minute “Blue Thumb Planting for Clean Water” mini-presentation
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Liftbridge Brewery Clean the Croix and Park Clean-up
Registration recommended but not critical to attending this event. Spread the word and come on out!