Via the St. Croix River Association, a St. Croix 360 partner:
Update July 24: This event is now full, but there is a wait list in case of cancellations. Fill out the sign-up form and the St. Croix River Association will let you know if more openings become available.
The second annual Kids on the Water is a fun and free event to get your family outside for river-related activities. There are great options for all ages! Whether you play on the river all the time, or rarely get a chance, join us on Saturday, August 3 from 3 – 5 p.m. at Marine Landing b.o.t.m. in Marine on St. Croix.
Throughout the two hours, you can “test-drive” and sample three kinds of watercraft:
- Kayaks – 3 options to choose from – tandem, single and pedal kayaks.
- Canoes – the usual, intended for 2 or more folks.
- Stand up paddle boards – these are very popular – give it a try!*
Have your own canoe or kayak? Bring it out for a paddle on the St. Croix!
Other kid-friendly activities include:
- Making a fish print t-shirt at a station sponsored by the National Park Service
- Water bugs and good water: See some of the incredible critters that call the St. Croix home and learn why this is such a great place.
- Learn about native plants and make a native seed ball for your yard or garden
- Temporary tattooes
- Bean bag toss
Watermelon and root beer floats will be served. Additionally, families who sign up for SCRA’s $25 annual membership, or renew their membership, will be in a drawing to win a $25 gift certificate from 45 Degrees in Stillwater.
Snacks and activities on the St. Croix River and all for free! Space is limited so you need to sign up – do it today at http://stcroixriverassociation.org/kids-on-the-water-2/
Sponsored by the Marine Landing, Hi Tempo SnowSports and WaterSports, the National Park Service and the St. Croix River Association.
* Stand up paddle board availability is dependent upon water level and flow. If we receive high amounts of rain, a faster current in the river will make this activity extremely difficult for beginners and will not be offered.