The Springbrook Wayside along Highway 63 has provided a place to enjoy the Namekagon River for many years. But, due to recent budget cuts, the state of Wisconsin has recently closed the site.
The National Park Service is ready to take the site over and re-open it to the public, but needs about $4,500 to complete the project. Donations are needed to fund the property title work and necessary environmental survey. Donations can be made online here.
Quick facts about the project:
- 5 acre parcel
- 460 feet of shoreline on the Namekagon River
- Picnic tables, grills, fresh drinking water tap
- Men’s and women’s restrooms
- Scenic walking path to the river
- Access to National Park Service group camp site
- Immediate, drive-in access off WI Highway 63
Click here to donate — and pack your picnic basket for when this site is re-opened.