Via ArtReach St. Croix:
The natural beauty of the St. Croix River has attracted artists and outdoor enthusiasts for generations. This nationally-recognized, wild and scenic river and its tree covered bluffs create a breath-taking backdrop for the growing number of fall art events.
This September, Take Me to the River will celebrate the art fairs, open artists studios, gallery exhibitions and festivals. This unique gathering of arts events encourages visitors and residents alike to join the hundreds of artists and dozens of events that celebrate the vibrant culture that is alive and thriving in the St. Croix Valley. This year’s event will feature three weekends worth of programs.
For more information, visit http://takemetotheriver.info/.
- Art on the Kinni, River Falls, WI
- Prairie Burn Music Festival, YMCA Camp St. Croix, Hudson WI
- Marine Art Fair, Marine on St. Croix, MN (Sat-Sun)
- Sharon Weiser Art Studio Sale, Stillwater, MN (Fri-Sun)
- Three Artists At “Big Pink,” Stillwater, MN (Fri-Sun)
- Afton Art in the Park, Afton, MN (Sat-Sun)
- Mary Jo Van Dell Studio Sale & Judd Street Exchange (Fri-Sun)
- Franconia Art & Artists Celebration, Franconia, MN (Sat only)
- Spirit of the St. Croix Art Festival, Hudson, WI (Sat-Sun)
- Marchese Design Studios Fall Gallery Adventure Tour, St. Croix Falls, WI (Fri-Sun)
- Peter Jadoonath Backyard Pottery Sale, Shafer, MN (Fri-Sun)
- Guillermo Cuellar & Friends: Fall Pottery Sale, Shafer, MN (Fri-Sun)
- Nick Earl Fall Pottery Sale at Abnet Farm, Stillwater, MN (Fri-Sun)
- Western Wisconsin Pottery Tour, Roberts & River Falls, WI (Fri-Sun)
- “School Daze” Gallery Exhibition at ArtReach St. Croix, Stillwater, MN
2019 Suggested Itineraries
With four weekends, sixteen events and a dozen river towns (some separated by as much as fifty miles), it can be hard to decide where to start your Take Me to the River art experience. Never fear, we have compiled a collection of itineraries for you to select from whether you love pottery or can’t image a beautiful weekend without live music.
Got a weekend, a day or just an afternoon? One of the itineraries below will be a great starting point for you.
- An Artful Afternoon Drive
- For the Love of Pottery
- Fun by the Falls
- River Crossing Art Tour
- Take the Kids to the River, Act 3
By interest, various weekends…