Head out on the ice of Lake St. Croix with the ambitious anglers of Northwoods Angling, a YouTube video series focused on catching big fish around the world.
It includes footage of several big sturgeon, as well as practical advice about technique and gear.
The video producers describe themselves as “a few regular guys with regular 8-5 day jobs that stop at nothing to chase big fish anywhere this may take us.”
Fishing seasons for sturgeon are:
- St. Croix River above Taylors Falls
6/16/16 – 3/1/17 Catch-and-release, no tag needed
- St. Croix River from Taylors Falls downstream to Prescott, WI
10/1/16 – 3/1/17 Catch-and-release, no tag needed
See more newsworthy sturgeon and learn about these giants of the St. Croix River:
- Living dinosaurs (2/1/2013)
- Sturgeon season is here… let’s dance! (9/17/2014)
- Five-foot fish wins St. Croix River sturgeon contest (10/13/2015)
- Record-sized sturgeon caught near Stillwater (1/2/2016)
There is lots more information about sturgeon fishing on the St. Croix River Fishing website.