Two state parks on both sides of the St. Croix are offering the opportunity to get outside on a dark winter’s evening. It happens to be the holiday of love, Valentine’s Day, and could be great dates for couples and families.
Both events are Saturday, Feb. 14 from 6 to 9 p.m.
Wisconsin Interstate State Park
Experience a winter evening by candlelight as hundreds of luminaries are lit to guide skiers, snowshoers and hikers on separate trails. Ski on the Skyline Cross-Country Ski Trail, snowshoe on the Ojibwa Trail (snowshoes are available for use free of charge for ages 6 and up), or walk beside the St. Croix River. There will be warming fires at the trailheads, and live music by The Geezers, food and refreshments available indoors at the Ice Age Center.
This is an event you won’t want to miss! Mark your calendar today and plan to bring your valentine to a special Candlelight Night at the Park on Saturday, February 14.
Note: A vehicle admission sticker is required to enter the park. Interstate Park is in St. Croix Falls, on Wisconsin Highway 35 just 1/2 mile south of U.S. Highway 8.
Wild River State Park
Featuring the following fun activities throughout the night:
- Raffle Prizes including a new set of skis, boots, and poles!
- Minnesota’s largest prairie bonfire – to be lit at 5:45pm
- 6 miles of candle-lit ski, snowshoe, and walking trails for all abilities
- Live music at both the Visitor Center and Trail Center
- Home-made cookies, cider and coffee (donations appreciated)
- Large Telescope for viewing the remarkable night sky — led by Kenny Bahmer
- Ski & Snowshoe rental available — call the park for more info: 651-583-2125
- Opportunities to get involved: Call Dave at 651-583-2923 to volunteer this night