Join us for a fun, free and educational blueberry event!
Blueberries in the Barrens
Saturday, July 13, 2019
Namekagon Barrens Wildlife Area
33174 Gomulak Fire Lane, Danbury, WI
- 8:30 am Gather at the NBWA cabin for maps, 33174 Gomulak Fire Lane, Danbury, WI.
- 8:45 am Drive to flagged berry patches and pick to your heart’s content!
- 10:15 am Return to cabin (or anytime).
- 10:30 am Geology of the Namekagon Barrens (Jeff Kitelinger, Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA))
- 10:45 am Wild Blueberries from Meadow to Market (Sue Segelstrom, Local Author and Historian)
- 11:05 am The Amazing Variety of Native Plants in the NBWA (Paul Hlina, Wild Plant Expert)
- 11:30 am Fascinating History of the Barrens and Surrounds (Brian Finstad, Local Historian)
- Noon Lunch
- FREE Burgers, Brats, Beans, Beer and Blueberry Treats
- Presentation Ongoing: Progress and Future Plans for NBWA (Nancy Christel, DNR Property Manager of NBWA)