St. Croix 360 is heading to the Namekagon! From Sunday, May 19th to Friday, May 24th, we’ll be paddling down the Namekagon River, from Cable to Danbury, on the St. Croix.
It’s all part of the St. Croix River Association’s annual paddle program, and not only will we get to watch 92 miles of river go by, but there will be stops along the way to learn about the river’s history, wildlife, and more, and celebrations in communities along the way, including Cable, Seeley and Hayward.
This blogger will be one of 75 people paddling, and I’ll post photos and updates as often as possible, considering the limitations of internet service and power, as well as the desire to immerse myself in the river and the experience.
Keep an eye on this page for blog posts and Twitter updates, as well as the St. Croix River Facebook page!
- River Days 5 & 6: Promised Land (5/24/2013) - The trip is over, but the river keeps flowing.
- River Day Four: Camaraderie (5/22/2013) - You can count on the paddle for beautiful scenery and close connections with your fellow paddlers.
- River Day 3: Rolling Along (5/21/2013) - More fast water let most of us enjoy the scenery without too much work.
- River Day 2: Song of the Namekagon (5/20/2013) - We flew down the river today, accompanied by birds, lots of water, and new friends.
- Soggy in Seeley (5/20/2013) - Sure it rained, but at least it's not coming down now, right?
- River Day 1: Sanctuary (5/19/2013) - We got our paddles in the water today, and it was good. Very good.
- Upriver (5/18/2013) - We drove to Cable, Wisconsin today, and found camp, food, drink, and the river.
- Final Preparations (5/16/2013) - Packing gear and anticipating the adventure ahead.
- Countdown to the Namekagon paddle trip reaches one week (5/12/2013) - The annual paddle trip will bring 75 paddlers along on a 92-mile trip down the St. Croix River's largest tributary.