Teachers Invited to Professional Development Seminar on the St. Croix
The free five-day workshop will give educators tools to teach about water and wildlife.
Via the University of Wisconsin’s Earth Partnership for Schools:
Earth Partnership for Schools is offering an Earth Partnership Water Stewardship Institute to involve students in native plantings that improve water quality, benefit wildlife and offer meaningful, project-based learning opportunities.
If you have participated in EPS, you’ll appreciate how you can build upon previous courses and learn new activities to deepen your students’ understanding of the importance of stewardship for our rivers, lakes, and communities. We are incorporating technology with GPS (equipment available to use with students), citizen science monitoring, native plant restoration, rain gardens, Native American perspectives of land and water stewardship, and a wealth of resources from community partnership organizations. We will also host a Share Fair to showcase how teachers are integrating Earth Partnership at their schools.
St. Croix River Basin – July 15 ‐ 19
Based at the Hudson School District & St. Croix National Scenic Riverway Headquarters
Who should attend?
Teams of 3‐5 teachers, administrators, informal educators and community partners
You will learn to:
- Understand land and water interactions in the St. Croix River Watershed
- Appreciate Native American perspectives of land and water stewardship
- Implement a habitat restoration orrain garden project at your school or natural area integrated into core curricula
- Enhance your teaching with experiential, inquiry and standards-based learning sequences in multiple subject areas
You will receive:
- Premier professional development at no cost to participants
- 3 University of Wisconsin graduate credits (tuition waived)
- Free classroom and field supplies
- Practical skills and experience
- Inspiration and support from new colleagues and community partners
The registration deadline has been extended to June 15th. For more information or to register, contact:
One Response to “Teachers Invited to Professional Development Seminar on the St. Croix”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.