Boom Site day will give families a chance to celebrate river history
The annual community celebration will feature presentations, music, food, and art.
Visit one of the most popular places on the lower St. Croix on June 23 to enjoy a community celebration summer on the river and learn about topics like logging history and geology.
The event will be held Saturday, June 23 from noon to 3 p.m. and will feature:
- Log rolling exhibition (tentative)
- Geocaching presentation by Diane Hedin, DNR
- Two food vendors of pizza pies and fruit pies (and beverages)
- Logging history talk by Bob Goodman, WCHS
- Geology talk by Mr. Bob Downs
- Painter Kami Polzin will be painting and is eager to talk with those who are interested in her craft
The Stillwater Trolley will be shuttling people from the Stillwater Depot.
Jointly sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, National Park Service, Friends of the St. Croix Boom Site and Friends of Washington County.